Saturday, November 13, 2010

Traveling to Colorado with Dad

On Wednesday my dad and I leave for Colorado for my FET. Yes, I said my dad - not my husband or mom. Since my FET got rearranged Dad was the one with the week off this week, so it made the most since for him to come. My husband just got a promotion at work and it would be stressful for him to leave, and my mom has a big Thanksgiving breakfast in her classroom. I'm actually looking forward to spending time with my dad. I am an only child, and we have always been very close. He is wonderful with kids, and I am honestly hoping this works for my parents almost as much as I am hoping it works for my husband and me. I am my parents only hope for a grandchild -not that they have ever said that or ever applied pressure. They have been wonderfully supportive and understanding. I just feel like if two people deserve to be grandparents it's my parents.

Instead of dropping me off for school like when I was a kid, my dad will be dropping me off at CCRM for FET. Is there a parent pick up line for him to wait in? LOL!

3 comments:

  1. Love your humour running_girl!!! I so want this for you, your DH and your parents too. My BFP yesterday will be my parents first granchild too...my younger sister is going through a divorce so won't be any grandkids from her anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Wish you all the very best! Hope that this is the last time you will have to fly to Denver. (because of course, this FET will work!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crossing my fingers for a smooth and easy transfer! Best Wishes!

    ReplyDelete