Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My Quest for Stat Blood Work

You would think that I live in a small tiny village somewhere - where there isn't a hospital or a lab near by. I mean how hard is it to run progesterone stat? Apparently, too difficult for Quest. Quest is no longer running progesterone stat. I am 100% sure that they have run it for me before, but I guess it's their new policy. I argued with them and told them they had run it before and it should work. I even asked them if they could just put it in that little red bag and run it stat just this once. Finally, a worker said that it would be run stat and my doctor's office would get results a today. I half believed her.

Anyway it turns out that Quest called CCRM and said that they won't have the results tomorrow. CCRM said no big deal. I was hoping I wouldn't have to scramble to another lab and get a draw done tomorrow before I leave.

So tomorrow I am off. I haven't found out when my transfer time is, but I should hear from them in a few hours. I can't believe it is so soon!

1 comment: