Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Rules Are Different

As I mentioned my good friend just found out she was pregnant a few days before I did, and it has been fun sharing these past few weeks together. Hopefully, we will both be sharing many more weeks together - both of us pregnant. She by far is much more of a worrier in life than I am. I'm not a huge worrier. However this is not the case with this whole pregnancy thing. It's her second rodeo, so she is much more laid back. Plus she is the kind that decides she wants to get pregnant one month and ends up pregnant. So needless to say, she knows what to expect and doesn't sweat the small stuff.

Me on the other hand I am a bit more of a worrier. Partly it's because if this doesn't work it's not like I can go to the bedroom and lay down and have my husband root around for a few minutes and then magically I'm pregnant (that was a bad description of sex,but you get the picture). It's a whole process to go through if this doesn't work. Patches, bcp, lupron, etc. It takes months. Not to mention getting laid at home is free, but getting knocked up at CCRM takes some cash.

So I have a special set of rules and can't do things that normal pregnant women do. Today at lunch I offered my Olive Garden mint to my pregnant friend and non pregnant friend because I told them I didn't wish to consume that much caffeine today. I was going to have an afternoon decaf Starbucks and that has 5 mg of caffeine. They rolled their eyes; they are use to me being a bit over the top, and we all laughed. Even though I was half kidding I was half serious about it to. I'm hoping that I begin to loosen up as the time passes. Maybe after the ultrasound? For now I am sticking to the rules in my CCRM pregnancy letter to a t.

In other news, my progesterone is now at 7 and my estradiol is 1007. They seem to be happy with this. I tried to discuss switching to pio because this endometrium stuff is the pits (scary bleeding, low progesterone levels, etc), but they want me to stay on it another week. I know the pio has really helped LisaSK (a blogger friend), but they really want me to stay with the endometrium for another week. BTW Lisa, I feel like we are living parallel lives. Everything that happens to you with progesterone, estradiol, spotting, etc happens to me a short time later. So glad you share your experiences because they have been a big help to me going through all of this.

2 comments:

  1. I can totally understand your paranoia! I will be the same way if/when we are actually pregnant. My BFF gets pg the first month off birth control, and I've sat in restaurants with her hundreds of times and watched her guzzle caffeine. She hasn't had to work at it, so she is totally fine with bending the rules.

    I'm glad to read about your progesterone and estradiol levels! I hope things continue to improve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh...the fertiles...they just don't get it!! Even though I did get pg for free twice, they both miscarried and robbed my fuzzy/warm emotions I ever had about pregnancy. But yeah...the whole concept of just getting pg when you want to and without costing $58K is largely foreign to me. And for today's P4 level...another 33.3!! I'm 8w0d today...but my e2 is MIA so I have to hunt it down tomorrow and my meds will be adjusted accordingly - meaning weaned off. Take care running_girl. And don't beat yourself up because we're all a little more neurotic about our pg's than usual...that's okay...they haven't walked a mile in our shoes. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't even trade.

    ReplyDelete