Thursday, October 28, 2010

Running on the Treadmill

Running on a treadmill to me is absolute torture. It's boring. You just run and don't get anywhere. I avoid it like the plague. I will run outside in the scorching Florida heat or even in a rain storm (as long as there is no lightning) to avoid the dreadmill.

Today I ran into a girl who kind of works for the same company I do who I hadn't seen since January. We ran into each other last December in our local REs office and discovered that we were both doing an ivf cycle that month. Then in January when I ran into her she told me she was pregnant but worried because she has a history of miscarriages. Well I ran into her today and shortly after we had spoken she another miscarriage. Like me she has been trying all sorts of different things, and we both have ended up with the same results. As we were talking we realized that we were going to have FETs the exact same week. What are the odds. We are both hoping the BFPs this time!

Running into her reminded me of a treadmill. Both of us have been trying to have a baby, but we are not getting anywhere. The treadmill keeps us running and running but we are stuck in the same spot. Essentially we are both in the same spot we were in last December. Sure we have learned a great deal of info about the female reproductive system and got to see various parts of the country, but I could do without all that for a baby. So two weeks from today, both of us will have had our transfer. My hope is the next time we run into each other we are able to share the happy story of how we are both pregnant. Get me off this stinkin treadmill!

No comments:

Post a Comment