Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I Hate the Swim

A triathlon is divided into three parts: the swim, the bike, and the run. The swim comes first and I have to say that I am always petrified. Running guy is always amazed at how quite I get before the swim - usually I'm high energy and excitable. It is during the swim that potentially I could die by either drowning or being eaten by an alligator or shark. Plus, I'm not the best of swimmers. In fact, I am usually towards the last in my age group to get out of the water. I am always happy when it is over but never usually happy with my swimming results. Even though I don't like the swim, I have to do the swim in order to get to the parts of the race I like: the bike and run.

I feel like I am now getting ready to enter the swim of infertility journey. The transfer is usually when my cycle falls a part. I produce lots of eggs, get a decent # to blasts, but when it comes time to transfer I usually drown or get eaten by a sea creature (aka BFN). I really can't do anything differently either. I'm just hoping my uterus is a little more receptive this time than in past cycles.

So if my lining and blood work looks good, I will be flying out to Denver two weeks from today! Very exciting and scary, it's kind of like I'm at the starting line and I don't want to get in the water, but I know I have to because if I don't I won't get to bike and run and finish the race. If I make it to the finish line in this race, I will be the happiest girl in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment