Wednesday, October 13, 2010

CCS - The Results Are In

So one day after complaining that my results were going to take two more weeks to come in, they came in. I had just finished getting a manicure with Opi's new gel polish in one of my fav colors Lincoln Park After Dark and was pulling into a Junior League meeting when I saw the 303 area code flash on my cell. I quickly answered and it was Dr. Surrey on the line telling me he had my results! He asked me if I wanted them and I stammered an uncertain yes. He said that's usually the kind of response he gets. He told me it was really good news so here it is:

CCRM Blasts:
6AA - normal
2 5AB's - normal
4AA - abnormal
4BB-normal
3BA - normal
2/3 - no result

SIRM Blasts:
4AB - normal
4BA - no result
2 4BB's - normal

Yes, that is really good news. Technically only one is genetically abnormal. The no results could go either way. I am assuming that at least one of them is normal So here is the bad news. If I produce that many genetically normals this time, one would reason to think that in past IVF cycles there have been a great deal of normals. So then one must ask, "Why didn't I get pregnant?" My lining is normally good, my uterus doesn't seem to have abnormalities, what's the deal? No one really knows. So I hope my transfer works in November, but realistically it seems like why would it work this time?

We will be transferring the 6AA and the 5AB in November. I will be praying that one of them sticks!

No comments:

Post a Comment