Thursday, October 14, 2010

Benefit Enrollment Time

I think most companies have benefit enrollment for the following year around October. I have been very very very blessed to be employed by a company with a significant amount of infertility coverage. Which is very fortunate for us because we would have been out of the game after failed ivf #1 because of the financial aspect of it. In fact, with all the procedures that I have done I have only spent about half of my benefit. Now for the bad news.... Next year they are cutting our lifetime infertility benefit big time. In fact, it is only 1/3 of what it was in previous years. This news means that I am out of infertility benefit after this year. Again, I am incredibly grateful and realize that I should not be complaining when most people don't have this kind of coverage to begin with, but it came as shocking news.

Running guy and I immediately started to plan what we are going to do if my FET doesn't work. I think I am going to ask CCRM to do a fresh cycle in late November early December if it doesn't work. I doubt they would want to do it so close to a failed FET, but I guarantee some doctor somewhere will be taking my eggs in December if this FET doesn't work. I wouldn't do CCS again. because I think we kind of know what the result would be. Plus insurance doesn't pay for it, and I really can't afford to shell out the cash for that again.

I'm so so hoping it works in November, but I always have to have a back up plan.....

3 comments:

  1. I'm hoping for a BFP for my FET as well on November 1st. We're also CCRM patients. Best of luck to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping your transfer in November brings a BFP!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck to you. This is such a stressful process! Thank you both for your well wishes. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete