Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tips for Fellow CCRM Gals





I wanted to pass on this info before it slipped my mind. I always appreciate tips and suggestions that I get from other people's blogs or message board so here it goes:

Flights : Don't book a return flight home. You really have no idea when you are going to go home. I only had to pay about $20 more a ticket by booking them the day of my trigger shot. That's much cheaper than having to pay change fees and price increases. Kayak.com is a great web page that let's you compare flights from various airlines.

Rental Cars: They are expensive. Make sure you ask about charges such as an additional driver and fees for the toll pass. I didn't ask those questions and ended up costing us an additional $100. Also, know that when Thrifty offers you a mystery car that mystery car could be a minivan. It's very hard to get them to change their mind about the minivan - but doable if you are persistent and dramatic.

Lodging - For my first two nights I stayed at Marriott Townplace. It was okay, Clean but very basic with only queen size beds I really only suggest staying there if you have reward points because it only costs 7500 points a night which is a super small amount of points. Once running guy got here we moved to Element which I strongly recommend. It is very comfortable and convenient to many things. We stayed in a one bedroom which also made it nice. Make sure to stay ask for the SkyRidge medical rate. Also, check the web site for various deals. For my first four nights, I got a deal that was buy a night get the next one half off. I used the SkyRidge rate for the last two nights In addition, you get free continental breakfast and Monday-Thursday there is a happy hour and snacks.

Day Trips - Vail, Keystone, and Breckenridge are about 1 hour and 40 minutes away. We went up on the ski lift and explored Vail (pictured above). They also had a precious farmer's market at Vail. We also went to Boulder which is about 40 minutes away and explored the town. It's very cute. We also explored Pikes Peak (pictured above) and the Garden of the God's (pictured above) which are in Colorado Springs.

Parks - There is a little park right down the road from Element called Sweetwater Park. It is fun to walk around and get a little exercise there.

Activities : We enjoyed the Denver Zoo (pictured above) -warning if lots of strollers and babies are a trigger for you don't go. It was very reasonably priced. We also explored Coors Field and Invesco Field - they have tours - but we didn't take one. The Park Meadow Mall around Lone Tree was very nice. I hear the Cherry Park mall is also very nice with lots of upscale stores. I also enjoyed going to the movie theater. On Tuesdays movies are only $5 and popcorn is only $1 if you are a Regal Club Member.

Restaurants: Lone Tree has many chains. We really didn't eat at any unique places in Lone Tree, but there are plenty of chains to dine at. In Denver we ate lunch at a place called D Bar Dessert that someone on a a message board had recommended to me (near the Zoo). It was a really good with great desserts and lunch items. Also, in Boulder Mustard's Last Stand (recommended to me by someone on a board) was a tasty little hotdog joint. We ate at a place called La Sandia (I think) at the Park Meadows mall and it was decent.

Relaxation - I had a great morning at the spa one day complete with a pedicure, massage, and facial. I went to Woodhouse Day Spa which is across from the movie theater. They did a really nice job. I got a manicure at a little nail place inside the Panera Bread plaza and it was very reasonably priced. Also, it was very relaxing to just chill out outside at Starbucks or spend some time reading a book outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment