Monday, September 27, 2010

It's Not My Best Time, but It's Still Good

Most races that I run I try for a PR (personal record). When i first started running three years ago, it was easy to set a pr at almost every race. I was improving and getting a little faster each time. Then two Thanksgivings ago I ran my fastest 5k ever. I'm still not sure how I did it. I haven't set a 5k pr since then. I honestly think unless i trained super hard I'm really not going to do any better than that. That Thanksgiving morning I peaked.

In the ivf world i think i have hit a plateau. It seems like all of my cycles have very similar outcomes. My first one I had five blasts, the second one six, the third eight, and my most recent at CCRM seven. I was a smidge disappointed because i thought i would pr at CCRM. Don't get me wrong, I feel blessed to have such good results, but i really was hoping for ten. I thought i would have the most at CCRM. I know it's all about quality and not quantity, so maybe these are better quality than my past cycles.

As far as my frozen blasts that I had transferred there, i still don't have the results. They will give them to me on Wednesday. It seems like one of them may be MIA. They said that they would be testing five and i said there are six and they seemed a bit puzzled. So maybe i have a blast hanging out on the Vegas strip. Lol! I'm not worried about it. I'm sure it is just a paperwork error.

So now i wait to see how many of the seven are genetically normal. It can take 2-4 weeks to get the results. The grades of the embryos are as follows: 1-6aa, 2-5ab, 1-4aa, 1-4bb, 1-3ba, and one 2/3 (not quite mature enough to have a grade). I'm so hoping I have some normals.

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck! Can't wait to hear about your results.

    ReplyDelete