Thursday, January 13, 2011

Update on the Twinkies

I've been a little mia, but nothing bad has happened. I have just been busy with life. My little Twinkies are doing great. I saw them on Tuesday, and they were measuring 10 weeks and 3 days which is exactly where they needed to be. Baby A had a heart rate of 176 and Baby B was 164. I have to say that we are already putting little personalities on these precious babies before they have even come out. For instance, Baby A is always so good; always cooperative with the ultrasound. It's always easy to see the heartbeat and at our 8 week ultrasound the yolk sac appeared to be a halo over Baby A's head. Baby B on the other hand is WILD! The first ultrasound Baby B hid in a corner and we couldn't see it's heart rate at first. The second ultrasound it looked like it was playing with a balloon (yolk sac). This third ultrasound Baby B was jumping and moving like crazy. So in summary Baby A is our calm angel and Baby B is our wild free spirit.

I have been completely off progesterone and patches for over a week and so far so good. My next doctor's appointment is at Maternal Fetal Medicine in a week and a half. They are going to work with my ob to help ensure that this is a smooth sailing pregnancy. I am not out of the woods yet, but each week that goes by I feel more confident that my little Twinkies are going to be ok.

3 comments:

  1. Great news running_girl!! So glad all is well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on moving off the progesterone! It's great to hear that the little ones are doing well and even developing their own little personalities. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wonderful to hear things are going well:)
    Continue to look forward to more updates on the twinkies!

    ReplyDelete